Friday, September 4, 2015

Personal Trainer


When I arrived back to Rome from Haiti this summer I had a lot to do. Originally I thought I would have some time to study and work on my thesis (on human freedom), but with the work load, study became the last item on my to-do list. 

After a couple of days, I really thought I was maxed out. Then, a friend of mine called me. He is a friend, but I consider him also my personal trainer. He is not a work out trainer, he is more of a life trainer. So I told him how life was going and how busy I have been and he asked: are you studying? We had already talked about this before the summer: I needed to study this summer and make progress on my thesis, because this year was going to be intense.

During our conversation he challenged me to make time in the midst of my busy schedule to study. He pushed me and challenged me to sacrifice a few things in order to make time.

I felt I was maxed out and he pushed me a step further. After taking some time to think about what we talked about, I decided to push myself a little farther – and I made time to study. My summer has been brighter and my future will be brighter thanks to him.

Do you have a friend that you can ask to be your life trainer? A friend that will challenge you to be a better you?

No comments:

Post a Comment